July 2, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: HANDS Help Desk Position Vacancy
SUBJECT 2: WIC Electronic Reports
- HANDS Help Desk Position Vacancy: WIC and Nutrition Services has an open Information Support Coordinator (ISC) position in Jefferson City. Qualifications include four years of office or related clerical experience including two years above the entry level with primary responsibility for entering/editing information into and retrieving information from a networked applications and office automation system. (College coursework may be substituted on a year-for year basis for the general experience. College coursework in computer science, data processing or a closely related area may be substituted on a year-for year basis for the specialized experience.) Working hours are 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Flextime may be available.
- Provide WIC data system help desk services to 118 local WIC providers (LWPs). Answer users’ questions and correct system problems.
- Process requests from LWP and state WIC staff to enable them to have access to the WIC data system. Maintain tracking system of access requests.
- Reconcile data in the WIC data system.
- Assist in providing training to LWPs on the WIC data system.
- Assist in maintaining WIC databases and producing WIC data reports.
- Assist in writing and maintaining WIC policies and procedures.
This position may require some statewide travel, including some overnights. On occasion some work outside of normal hours may be necessary. The salary range is $25,248-$34,512 annually.
If you are interested in this position you need to get on the register by going to the Office of Administration web site at http://oa.mo.gov/pers/howtoapply.htm. Click on “Paper Application Form”. The electronic version is not available for this position. The ISC register will open on July 12 and close on July 24 so you need to apply right away. For more information on this position go to http://oa.mo.gov/pers/ClassSpecs/0130.htm. If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at email@example.com or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- WIC Electronic Reports: We are ready to introduce an electronic method of viewing, printing and exporting up-to-date WIC Reports! We currently have eight reports on the Department of Health and Senior Services' Crystal Reports Enterprise web site. The information in these reports include no-shows for food instruments and participant information such as DCN number, name, birth date, phone number and address grouped several ways including by guardian DCN, city, zip code and recert date. Many more reports will be added in the coming months. These WIC Reports will eventually replace the paper reports you receive now. Not all LWP staff needs to have access to this site but at least two staff from each agency should have access. We will include a form in the LWP Updates in the next few weeks for you to use to request additional reports.
Attached below are documents that show the name and description of reports that have been posted; instructions on how to do an ASAP to have access to the site; and instructions on how to view, print and export reports once you have access to the site. You will need to do an ASAP even if you already have access to this site to view Communicable Disease or other reports. You will be notified by e-mail when access has been granted and you've been given a user ID and password. Some reports have confidential information; there is a confidentiality statement at the bottom of the pages on these reports. You must ensure that confidentiality is strictly enforced. Also, do not allow anyone else to use the user ID and password you will receive after doing the ASAP form. If you have questions or comments, contact Mark Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.