February 13, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: WIC Caseload Update for FFY07
SUBJECT 2: 2007 Client Services Enhancement Project
SUBJECT 3: Missouri Diet Manual
SUBJECT 4: Pilot Version of the High Risk Care Plan Form (WIC 55)
SUBJECT 5: Spanish Version of MyPyramid Handouts
- WIC Caseload Update for FFY07: The State WIC office tracks caseload monthly. We have received the January 07 caseload figures. The total number of participants served in January was 134,878, up from November and December. Overall, statewide caseload continues to trend higher than in previous years. The historic November-December drop and January rebound pattern continues, and appears to mirror those of FFY's 2006 and 2003 more closely than other years. We appreciate the dedicated efforts of local agencies to service WIC participants. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Lyn Konstant at Lyn.Konstant@health.mo.gov or Jim Schindler at James.Schindler@health.mo.gov.
- 2007 Client Services Enhancement Project awards were announced on Friday, February 2, 2007. We thank all the agencies that applied for funding and for your continued commitment to increasing participation and improving the quality of the services you provide. Unfortunately we were unable to fund every project. Also, to make the funding stretch to more agencies, we identified some items that could be purchased with other WIC funds (computers and breastpumps primarily). We funded 4 nutrition education projects, 14 media projects, 31 clinic enhancement projects, 7 breastfeeding projects, and 22 autodialers.
Congratulations to the awardees. We are looking forward to working with you on your new projects. The amendments will arrive in the mail in a few weeks. If you have questions, please contact Kathleen.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-751-6204.
- Missouri Diet Manual: The Missouri Diet Manual will be discontinued on January 1, 2008. The current supply of printed copies of the Missouri Diet Manual has been exhausted, and they will not be reprinted. The manual is available to download on the Department of Health and Senior Services web page at: http://www.dhss.mo.gov/DietManual until January 2008.
- Pilot Version of the High Risk Care Plan Form (WIC 55):; The High Risk Care Plan Form (WIC 55) has been revised based on feedback received from local WIC providers. Before printing, we would like to receive final comments. Please see the following attached items and begin using the pilot version of the form:
- WIC 55 form to pilot
- General Guidelines for Documenting High Risk Care Plan (FRCP) and How to Complete the WIC-55 form.
- Survey form to get LWP input into the usability of the HRCP form
Please complete the attached survey form and return it to Takako Tagami by faxing to 573-526-1470 or e-mailing Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov by March 13, 2007.
- Spanish Version of MyPyramid Handouts: Attached are the Spanish versions of the following handouts:
- MyPyramid For Kids
- MyPyramid For Pregnancy
- MyPyramid - Steps To Healthier You The items above are being printed at the State Printing Center and should be available in March. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.