November 6, 2006 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Educational Opportunity
SUBJECT 2: Track Training Name Change
SUBJECT 3: Translated Versions of the WIC Participant Rights and Responsibilities (Outer Part of the WIC Participant ID Folder)
SUBJECT 4: WIC Caseload Tracking
SUBJECT 5: Medela Breastpumps and Pumping Kits
- Educational Opportunity: The American Dietetic Association Center for Professional Development and WIC and Nutrition Services' Nutrition Training Institute are sponsoring a free educational opportunity: Dietetics Practitioner’s Role in New Technology and Medications for Diabetes on December 7th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. This live, interactive phone teleseminar focuses on how to identify new diabetes medications and technology available for patient use, discuss the role dietetics practitioners can play in working with patients on new diabetes medications and explain how dietitians can use new insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor technology to help patients manage diabetes.
It is designed for WIC Nutritionists, Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians Registered who work in clinical and community health settings with diabetic patients. Please see the attached site registration form for details or contact Michele Bailey at (573) 751-6481 or Michele.Bailey@health.mo.gov with questions.
- Track Training Name Change: This is to notify local WIC providers that the name for the WIC Track Training, Tracks 1, 2 & 3 is changing. The name change will more clearly identify what the trainings mean and who should attend the trainings. The training names will be "WIC Training - Clerical" specifically for Clerical staff, "WIC Training - HPA" specifically for HPA staff, etc. The trainings for the WIC Certifier, CPA and Nutritionist staff will be identified this way as well. The name change will assist employees to register for and obtain appropriate training.
Each trainee will be provided with training materials 3 weeks before their scheduled training date. The trainee is required to complete the exercises for the training(s) they are attending. If the exercises are not completed, the trainee will be rescheduled for the next time the training is offered. If you have questions please contact D'Anne Ward at 1-800-392-8209 or by email at email@example.com.
- Translated Versions of the WIC Participant Rights and Responsibilities (Outer Part of the WIC Participant ID Folder): Attached are the translated versions of the WIC Rights and Responsibilities. Only the Spanish version is currently being printed at the State Printing Center. Please feel free to make copies as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
Arabic = AR
Bosnian = BO
Chinese = SC
Farsi = Farsi
Korean = KO
Russian = RU
Spanish = SP
Ukrainian = UKR
Vietnamese = VT
- WIC Caseload Tracking: The State WIC office tracks caseload monthly. We just received the October 06 caseload figures. The total number of participants served in October was 134,957, the highest number ever served in that month. Included is the line graph showing total participants served monthly for each fiscal year beginning in 2000. You will see a drop from the numbers served in August and September of FY2006, however, the drop was not as steep as in previous years. Clearly these increases are due to the efforts of local agencies. Thank you for all that you do to provide services to participants. We will continue to share caseload information. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Lyn Konstant at Lyn.Konstant@health.mo.gov or Jim Schindler at James.Schindler@health.mo.gov.
- Medela Breastpumps and Pumping Kits: We are asking for notification of receipt of the electric and manual breastpumps and the pumping kits that the State recently purchased from Medela. You should have received the shipment the week of October 30th or the upcoming week. Please send email acknowledgement to Crystal.Collins@health.mo.gov. Please include your agency name and the number of each item received. For example: Andrew County - 1 Electric Breastpump, 20 Manual Pumps, and 20 Pumping Kits.
Please be sure to submit the serial numbers for your electric breastpumps to Michael Murphy (if you have not already done so) in order to receive your WIC property tag(s). Please complete the attached form and send to Michael Murphy by November 17, 2006. You may email him at Michael.Murphy@health.mo.gov or fax to (573) 522-6501.
FYI: The Lactina Select Electric Breastpumps have a three year limited warranty. If a breastpump arrives damaged or needs repair while under warranty, contact Medela Customer Service at 1-888-633-3528.
Electric Breast Pumps Tagging
Missouri WIC Caseload Analysis 89-07
Registration Brochure ADA Dec 7 Education Staff