July 31, 2006 WIC Update
SUBJECT: Updated Formula and Food Reference Materials
The attached PDF is the updated and user friendly Formula and Food Reference Materials. The PDF includes the following items:
- Summary of Updates
- Reference Sheet - Infant Formulas, Exempt Formulas, and Medical Foods - Approval Authorities
- Special Food Packages Code Listing for Infants, Children, and Women
- Food Package Code Listing for Children (1-4 years old) and Women
- Individual Food Item Codes For “OTH” Food Package - Children and Women
- WIC Approved Specialty Milk Food Package Code Listing
Please discard the previous versions of reference materials and begin using the updated version on August 1, 2006. Please share this with your staff and keep this PDF for your agency’s use.
Attached also is a description in picture form of the new packaging for some Ross formulas as stated in the June 26 Monday e-mail.
Similac Lactose Free Advance's name is changing to Similac Lactose Free.
Similac NeoSure Advance with Iron is changing to Similac Neosure.
Alimentum Advance with Iron is changing to Similac Alimentum
If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.