April 25, 2005 WIC Update (1 of 2)
SUBJECT: Second of Two Emails for Week of April 25-29, 2005
SUBJECT:April Through June 2005 Blank WIC-24 Templates
SUBJECT: TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
- Attached to this message are three Excel workbooks. They are your blank April 2005 through June 2005 WIC-24 Administrative Cost Report templates for use in submitting your monthly WIC costs for the balance of the fiscal year.
Important changes to note are:
- For use by agencies with Breastfeeding Peer Counseling funds, a new "Special Grant 2: Additional BFPC" (S.G.2) tab has been created with which to report and bill costs under the new BFPC grant. The new grants were allocated through recently executed contract amendments. An instruction sheet for completion of the new S.G.2 billing sheet is contained on the tab that follows the invoice itself.
- The original Special Grant 1: WIC Breastfeeding PC (S.G.1) billing tab remains, but has been modified to closely resemble the new S.G.2 tab. Instructions on the tab that follows have been revised accordingly.
Any questions regarding the usage of either the S.G.1 or S.G.2 tabs, and instructions, should be directed to Kathy Mertzlufft at email@example.com or 1-800-392-8209.
- On the WIC24-A invoice sheet the cells that control the month displayed in Cell J8 have been unlocked. Therefore, by changing the month number in Cell L16 a previously completed month's WIC-24 workbook can be converted to the next month, instead of having to start with a clean slate by using one of the blank templates attached. This allows recurring data, such as personnel name, salary, and benefit information to roll forward and not have to be re-entered.
The danger of this feature is:
- Previously entered information must be updated and new information inserted as applicable.
- The newly created file must be saved immediately upon changing the month number, using the correct file name for the new month being created. Otherwise there is the danger of accidentally erasing by overwriting the data previously submitted.
This feature has been restored by request of several agencies. If you do not feel comfortable using it the blank monthly templates attached allow you to continue on as you have for the first six months of FFY 2005. If any questions about the WIC 24 (non-breastfeeding questions) please contact Jim Schindler, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-800-392-8209.
Remainder (July - September 2005) WIC 24 templates will be sent in second Email.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, WIC and Nutrition Services Unit, Nutrition Training Institute are sponsoring an educational opportunity:
Nutritional Management for Common Pediatric Nutrition Problems on Wednesday, June 8th from 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.