- WIC nurses, nutritionists and dietitians will learn how changes in anatomy, physiology, and body composition affect nutrient needs during infancy, early childhood, and pregnancy. They will also recognize areas, for each of these stages, where population-based nutrient intake is inappropriate compared to estimated nutrient need, along with viewing of a food intake pattern that would accommodate appropriate nutrient intake for each of those life stages.
Training Dates and Locations
- July 19, 2017 - Springfield (The Library Center)
- July 20, 2017 - Berkeley (St. Louis County Department of Public Health)
- July 21, 2017 - Independence (Northwestern District Health Office)
Contact Michele Bailey at (573) 751-6481 or by email at Michele.Bailey@health.mo.gov with questions about the training.
- This 10-minute online Hemocue training does not replace training provided by the Hemocue trainer; however, it can be used as a refresher, as a corrective action plan, viewed prior to training, or on an as-needed basis. Refer to the instructions for navigating through the training and printing a certificate. If you have questions about your equipment or requests for equipment maintenance, please contact your assigned TA Nutritionist rather than the Hemocue company as mentioned in the training video.
Professional Development - WIC Training Portal
Professional DevelopmentProfessional training opportunities for local WIC provider and the public.
Select a training below by clicking on the title
- Healthy Smiles from the Start training was a coordinated effort of the Missouri Dental Association (MDA) and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Oral Health Program/Missouri WIC Program to provide pre- and post-natal dental health care education program for use in your oral health education efforts. Upon completion of the Oral Health training the WIC state office is authorizing 1-CEU to all CPA/Nutritionist. To access the training click here. Implementation November 16, 2015.