- Two great nutrition training opportunities. Nutrition for Infants, Children, and Women thru the Childbearing Years will be offered again this year. In addition, an advanced training that covers some of the same topics in more depth, as well as additional topics, will be provided. 6 CEU hours are tentatively approved for this training. Dates and locations for the trainings are listed below.
The training will begin at 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 4:00 p.m. Lunch is on your own.
There is no charge for this training, but you must be registered in order to attend. Click here to Register.
Please direct questions regarding this training to Mark Wright at (660) 385-2633 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The goal of this program is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to feel comfortable working with culturally diverse WIC families.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Know concepts of cultural competence and the CLAS standards as they apply to limited-English proficient populations
- Know communication skills and resources to use when working with refugee populations and limited-English populations
- Understand the Missouri Refugee Settlement Program: who is a refugee, what health issues affect refugee populations, what populations are resettled in Missouri
- Know how to work with interpreters: in person, and over the phone interpreting services
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in specific cases
Participants attending this program are eligible for up to 4.5 contact hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) and Continuing Nutrition Education (CNE).
There is no charge for this training, but you must be registered in order to attend. Please register by August 15, 2016. Click here to Register.
Please direct questions regarding this training to Takako Tagami at 573-751-6180 or by email at email@example.com.
Professional Development - WIC Training Portal
Professional DevelopmentProfessional training opportunities for local WIC provider and the public.
Select a training below by clicking on the title
- Healthy Smiles from the Start training was a coordinated effort of the Missouri Dental Association (MDA) and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Oral Health Program/Missouri WIC Program to provide pre- and post-natal dental health care education program for use in your oral health education efforts. Upon completion of the Oral Health training the WIC state office is authorizing 1-CEU to all CPA/Nutritionist. To access the training click here. Implementation November 16, 2015.