The Missouri WIC program is intended for families in need of nutritional support. WIC foods and formula are to be used for the WIC participant only and cannot be sold or given away. WIC foods not used by the participant should be returned to the local WIC provider. Fraud and abuse take resources away from those who need them most.
Some examples of fraud and abuse include:
- Sell or give away WIC checks.
- Sell or give away formula or foods purchased with WIC checks (including selling formula and/or foods through online sites such as Facebook, Craigslist, etc.)
- Do not tell the truth about income, current address or family size when applying for WIC.
- Buy non-WIC food with WIC checks.
- Trade WIC checks or WIC food for other items or cash.
- Buy WIC checks for cash.
- Accept WIC checks for non-WIC food.
- Accept WIC checks for payment for past purchases.
- Accept WIC checks for credit.
- Are not WIC authorized but accept WIC checks anyway.
- Overcharge for WIC food.
To report suspected fraud or abuse of the Missouri WIC program:
- Call the Missouri WIC program at 1-800-392-8209 Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m..
- Complete the online “Fraud/Abuse Complaint” form below.
All reports will remain strictly confidential and anonymous, unless you choose to provide information for the state WIC program to contact you if additional information is needed.
To report fraud or abuse of the WIC program in another state, please click here for State Agency Contact Information.