- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Laws
- Breastfeeding Data
- Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program
- Breastfeeding Training Opportunities
- Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite
- Missouri Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care
- Missouri "Show-Me 5" Hospital Initiative
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services promotes, supports and protects breastfeeding as the perfect food for your baby, having all the essential nutrients and sufficient calories to meet your infant’s needs. Breastfeeding provides numerous benefits to mothers, infants, the environment, and to the communities of Missouri. Accordingly, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months after birth and the continuation of breastfeeding through the first year of life and beyond.
Every baby deserves to be breastfed!