Pregnancy and Beyond
- Give Us Your Feedback
- Your Baby and Vitamin K
- Related Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Benzocaine and Babies:
Not a Good Mix
Parents should consider risk of using oral gels and liquids for mouth and gum pain.
The Pregnancy and Beyond website promotes prenatal and well-child care for all Missouri families.
While no one can guarantee a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, there are some things that improve your chances of having a healthy baby:
- Start prenatal care early, as soon you think you are pregnant.
- Get regular prenatal care.
- Take folic acid supplements before, during and between pregnancies throughout the childbearing years.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and drugs while pregnant.
- Breastfeed your baby.
- Place your baby on his/her back to sleep. Click here to listen to a message about safe sleep for babies.
- Encourage positive fathering as well as mothering.
Pregnancy and Beyond has helpful information on many topics. Whether you are a pregnant woman, father-to-be, new parent, grandparent, or community member who cares about families, this program is for you. Everyone has a part in influencing and supporting each pregnant woman in maintaining a healthy lifestyle while she is pregnant and in keeping her baby safe after he/she is born.