November 15, 2014
Pennsylvania Firm Recalls Pretzel Dog Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services received information regarding a recall of frozen pretzel hot dog products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens. The products contain soy lecithin, a known allergen which is not declared on the product label.
The pretzel dogs were produced on various dates from February 14, 2014 to November 14, 2014. The following products are subject to recall: [View Label]
- "Auntie Anne's All Beef Classic Pretzel Dogs.
- "Auntie Anne's Fundraising Pretzel Dogs."
- "West Creek Black Angus Beef Pretzel Dogs."
- "Kunzler Pretzel Dogs."
- "Kunzler Turkey Pretzel Dogs."
- "Berks All Beef Pretzel Franks."
- "Nathan's Famous Pretzel Dogs."
- "City Line Foods Pretzel Dogs."
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number "EST. or P-34073" inside the USDA mark of inspection. These products produced were shipped nationwide for retail distribution and fundraising. This recall does not affect Auntie Anne's pretzel stores found in malls, airports and other venues nationwide.
The full recall can be found at: www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2014/recall-079-2014-release.