January 24, 2013
Annie's Recalls Homegrown Frozen Pizza Products
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services received information regarding the recall of Annie's Homegrown Frozen Pizza due to the possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh caused by a faulty screen at a third-party flour mill.
Affected products are distributed at grocery, mass and natural food stores throughout the United States. All varieties of Annie's RISING CRUST FROZEN PIZZA with a best by date including and between 09Jan13 and 14Sep13 (January 9, 2013 and September 14, 2013) are affected. Recalled varieties are:
- Organic Four Cheese Pizza, 23.5 oz UPC 013562 200016
- Organic Pepperoni Pizza, 23.6 oz UPC 013562 200009
- Organic Supreme Pizza, 25.4 oz UPC 013562 200023
- Organic Spinach and Mushroom Pizza, 25.0 oz UPC 013562 200054
- Four Cheese Pizza, 22.5 oz UPC 013562 200078
- Pepperoni Pizza, 22.6 oz UPC 013562 200061
- BBQ Recipe Chicken Pizza, 23.1 oz UPC 013562 200092
The full recall and photos of labels can be found at www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm336376.htm.