July 17, 2012
Arctic Zero Inc. Recalls Frozen Dessert Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen on Label
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services received the following news release regarding the recall of Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts which were produced before February of 2012, due to undeclared milk allergen. Persons who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts products were sold in 8 varieties of 16 ounce pints as follows:
- Chocolate (UPC: 8-52244-00300-8)
- Vanilla Maple (UPC: 8-52244-00306-0)
- Mint Chocolate Cookie (UPC: 8-52244-00304-6)
- Cookies and Cream (UPC: 8-52244-00303-9)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter (UPC: 8-52244-00301-5)
- Coffee (UPC: 8-52244-00302-2)
- Strawberry (UPC: 8-52244-00305-3)
- Pumpkin Spice (UPC: 8-52244-00307-7)
Product codes and manufacture dates are located at the bottom of the pints.
The Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts products were also sold in 2 varieties of 4 pack chocolate dipped bars as follows:
- Strawberry and Orange Cream (UPC: 8-52244-00309-1)
- Chocolate and Vanilla (UPC: 8-52244-00308-4)
Product codes and manufacture dates are located on the right side of the front panel of the boxes. The products were distributed nationwide and sold at retailers including: Whole Foods, Publix, Sprouts, Winn Dixie, Independent Natural and Grocery Stores.
Consumers with questions may contact Arctic Zero, Inc. at 619-342-1423 x21, Monday-Friday, 9 am - 4 pm. Pacific Time or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full recall can be found at www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm310903.htm?source=govdelivery.