Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a job in the Department of Health and Senior Services?
- Do all Merit jobs require tests?
- How long will my name stay on the register?
- How do I update my Merit application?
- What happens if the class I want to apply for is closed for recruitment?
How do I apply for a job in the Department of Health and Senior Services?
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services falls under the states Merit System. For instructions on how to apply, go to http://www.oa.mo.gov/pers/howtoapply.htm
Do all Merit jobs require tests?
No, the majority of Merit jobs do not require a written test. It varies among job classifications. OA/DP will notify you by email if a test is required. Clerical jobs and some entry-level professional jobs have written tests. Most other jobs are a rating of education and experience.
What happens if the class I want to apply for is closed for recruitment?
You can continue to check the list of classifications open for recruitment at http://www.oacentral.oa.mo.gov/dopweb/joa.aspx to see when the classification is open for recruitment again.