Pandemic Influenza - Faith-Based and Community Groups
- Faith-Based and Community Organizations Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Checklist (HHS)
- The collaboration of faith-based and community organizations with public health agencies will be essential in protecting the public’s health and safety if and when an influenza pandemic occurs. This checklist provides guidance for religious organizations (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.), social service agencies that are faith-based, and community organizations in developing and improving influenza pandemic response and preparedness plans. Many of the points suggested here can improve your organization’s ability to protect your community during emergencies in general.
- Community Planning, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- During a pandemic, it will take all of us--community and faith-based organizations, government, businesses, and schools--working together. The federal government alone cannot prepare for or respond to the challenge. Your community can develop strategies that reduce the impact and spread of flu.
- Preparing for the Flu: A Communication Toolkit for Community and Faith-based Organizations (HHS)
- Find fact sheets, easy-to-use template letters or e-mails, and other materials to assist community and faith-based organizations communicate about the flu with their staff, members, and those served in their communities.
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness for Faith-Based Organizations
- This course was designed by Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN), in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to enable congregations, synagogues, mosques and other places of worship to (1) protect the health of their staff and the communities in which they serve and (2) fulfill their mission during an influenza pandemic.
- Assuring Food Supplies During an Influenza Pandemic or Other Hazard: A Guide for Community Leaders (DHSS)
- This guide is for the individual who has either been assigned or taken it upon themselves to assure that, within their community, citizens who must can access food programs. This guide is available in electronic format only.
- Datasets for Disaster Food Supply Planning (DHSS)
- This is a listing of various statistical datasets that you may find helpful when planning to assure food supplies during an influenza pandemic or other widespread hazard. The data can be used to evaluate the community/county's at-risk population, food resources, care centers, etc.
Preparing for Pandemic Flu: A Community Guide (DHSS)
Order your Community Guides