Geographic Information Systems (GIS) & Maps
GIS has been a vital tool in promoting quality of life and health at DHSS since 1997. GIS specializes in combining data from multiple sources and displaying that data in a geographic context. Data such as demographic information, disease prevalence, and physical environmental factors can be analyzed with GIS to reveal relationships and trends that otherwise would be very difficult to find. GIS is also a valuable management tool for policy making and resource management.
ESRI User Conference Presentation - GIS Tornado Response in Joplin, MO
(must be viewed in slide show mode)
Want to learn more about Disaster Support Map Books? Watch the webinar now.
Check out the latest web maps created in the latest technology ArcGIS Server by clicking the links below
- Commodity Supplemental Food Sites
- Cooling Centers
- Courier Site Locations
- EPHT Asthma Hospitalizations
- EPHT Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- EPHT Childhood Blood Lead Testing
- EPHT Childhood Blood Lead Testing ZCTA
- EPHT Myocardial Infarction Hospitalizations
- EPHT Agricultural Chemicals