ICD-10 Update: One health system’s experience
With one year before the deadline to achieve ICD-10 compliance, hospitals and health systems across the U.S. are busy with efforts to achieve compliance. Today’s webinar will look at the processes in place for one complex health system as they share those Lessons Learned to date and the challenges that the transition to ICD-10 will present.
Noon – 1:00 p.m. Central
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Assessing the Productivity and Financial Impact of ICD-10: The Final 12 Months
This webinar helps you assess the productivity and financial impact ICD-10 will have on your health care organization. Discover how to get your entire staff, as well as physicians, to adopt better documentation and a well-defined payer process to handle denials related to ICD-10.
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Central
Cost: HFMA members: Free; Non-members: $99
Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Overview: August 19-23 is Communities of Color Week. This serves as a good reminder of the materials available on HHS.gov/healthcare to educate various communities about the Affordable Care Act and new health insurance options available to them beginning on October 1,2013. Each fact sheet listed below provides information about the impact of the Affordable Care Act on a particular community of color. Several infographics are available for distribution as well.
MoBroadbandNow is conducting a survey on the Internet usage and needs of Missouri businesses. The survey can be taken online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MBBNBusinessSurvey.
MoBroadbandNow was established by Gov. Jeremiah W. (Jay) Nixon in 2009 as a public-private partnership initiative to expand and enhance broadband accessibility and adoption in all areas of Missouri.
We would appreciate it if you would share this link with any Missouri business that is affliated with your office. For businesses that are unable to take the survey online or would prefer to complete the survey by phone, they may do so by calling Wesley Luebbert at 573-751-6257. Please only respond once per business. The survey close date is September 30, 2013.
Webinars and Technical Assistance
- The National Network for Oral Health Access and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health will be sponsoring a webinar on August 29th from 2:00 – 3:00pm EST focusing on adding and expanding oral health programs in safety net setting with an emphasis on rural areas. Click here to register for this webinar.
- Reminder that HRSA will be hosting a Health Information Technology and Quality Webinar on Friday, August 23, 2013 from 2pm – 3pm EST focusing on how safety net providers can prepare for the ICD-10 transition. Participants can register here.
Other Useful Information and Resources
- Do you have a BIG idea for solving major problems in health and health care? The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation will be holding its first-ever Pioneer Pitch Day on October 16 in New York City. This is an opportunity to be original, unconventional and radical by proposing a new idea that challenges traditional thought and practice – and idea that has the potential to transform health or health care. Submit your idea by September 6th to be considered for pitch day.
VA wants all Veterans to get health care that improves their health and well-being.
If a Veteran is enrolled in any of VA’s programs below, they have coverage under the standards of the health care law:
- Veteran’s health care program
- Civilian Health and Medical program (CHAMPVA)
- Spina bifida health care program
August 15th, 2013 – 1:00 PM – 2:10 PM ET
The VA is caring for 4 million older Veterans, 40% of who live in rural and highly rural areas, with 75% of those over age 65. As a group, these older Veterans are more likely to have multiple chronic illnesses that require medical care and support from caregivers. For older Veterans in rural areas, finding help with caregiving needs can be a difficult challenge. Many of these Veterans receive the bulk of their daily care from spouses, children, other family members, or friends. Little help has traditionally been provided for these caregivers. Recent VA initiatives to better support caregivers have prompted the development of new tools, programs, and opportunities.
View upcoming distance-learning education opportunities in the following categories:
- Health Care Reform
- Health Information Technology
- Hospital Finance
- Hospital Operations
- Management and Leadership
- Performance Improvement