May 27, 2015
Attached is the May 2015 Newsletter from the National Center for Rural Health Works! We hope you enjoy it and here are the highlights from the newsletter:
- 2014-2015 Current Year Work Projects’ UPDATES
- The Economic Impact of a Hospital Closure on a Rural Community
- The Economic Impact of Rural PPS Hospital
- 2014-2015 Current Year Outreach Activities
- EMS Budget Generator presented to NASEMSO
- Summary Document: “Economic Impact of Rural Health Care,” Updated October 2014
- Other Activities (Not Funded through RHW Grant Funds)
- Impact of Medicaid Demonstration Project
Information on our next regional workshop is also attached. The workshop will be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, in State College, PA. The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is sponsoring the workshop. The workshop is presented in conjunction with the National Center for the Analysis of Healthcare Data (NCAHD).
Information will be presented on the following topics:
- Health impact
- Community health needs assessment (CHNA)
- Health budgeting.
- Mapping and spatial data analysis to further support the outcomes of Rural Health Works
- How to download healthcare workforce provider data FREE through NCAHD’s portal at: http://gis.ncahd.org/
The Workshop Flyer is attached with more detailed information and a registration form.
April 30, 2015
Connecting Community & Care 2015
Critical Access Hospital Conferences
presented by Eide Bailly
Kansas City, MO| Minneapolis, MN
Why You Should Attend:
- Engage with individuals who know the unique needs of rural health care and join the discussion on topics ranging from Telehealth to Leadership skills to Strategic Financial Planning and even Board Governance
- Hear award-winning, humorous and inspirational keynote speaker Renee Rongen deliver a message that will make you laugh and learn navigation tips for embracing the change in your personal and professional life
- Network with your peers to share insights and find solutions that work best in rural communities
- Protect your most valuable asset, your skills. Your skills are not only the key to value creation, but to innovation to improve the administration of care in your community
- Bring one trustee for free with each paid registration!
Check out the full lineup for this year’s conference or register at: www.eidebailly.com/cah2015.
April 29, 2015
Reminder of the St Louis Stroke Boot Camp coming soon. Please forward to anyone you think may be interested.
2015 Stroke Coordinator Boot Camp
Friday, May 29, 2015
Hilton Frontenac Hotel
1335 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
April 27, 2015
Missouri Rural Health Association is working to bring affordable ICD-10 Training to rural Missouri providers. We invite you and your staff to attend On-Line ICD-10. On-Line is the most cost effective way to get updated and ready for ICD-10. Our training has been designed to optimize time and money. Each 2-4 hour session is $50 but with the connection, you can fill the training room with attendees!
Who Should Attend?
All staff who document medical records and providers. Use as initial or brush up training. You do not need to be a MRHA member to sign up for classes. We ask that you share this information with other providers & clinics in order to share this training opportunity.
The Trainers: Medical Revenue Solution, LLC, staff members Cathy Jennings, LaDonna Johnson, and Amber Condren will be taking attendees through the material. All trainers are highly qualified and experienced in medical coding, the problems, and solutions.
How to Register: Complete Registration page for each SITE that will need a connection code. Only those with paid registration will receive the on-line pass code within 24 hours of the event. Each session is limited to 23 site connections.
See registration form attached for more details. Registration and payments must be received a minimum of 3 days prior to the selected training session(s)
March 16, 2015
ICD-10 Code… Are you Ready? Missouri Rural Health Association is working to bring affordable ICD-10 Training to rural Missouri providers.
View the online training sessions and course summary.
March 10, 2015
Annual Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinic Conference – Missouri
April 28-30, 2015
Hilton Branson Convention Center
- Hotel deadline for reservations March 25, 2015
- Don’t miss the opening session with Michelle Rathman CEO Impact! Communications, Inc. Our MN audience raved about her ‘Reestablishing Community Relevance’ presentation!
- Sessions will cover:
- Medicare reimbursement
- 340B drug pricing
- Physician compensation
- HIPAA risk management
- Strategic pricing
Registration discounts available for three or more attendees from any one organization. Contact Sylvia Weise at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.