1. The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy has released a funding opportunity in support of the rural Access to External Devices Grant Program. The purpose of this program is to: (1) purchase automated external defibrillators; (2) provide defibrillator and basic life support training in automated defibrillator usage; and (3) place automated external defibrillators in rural communities.
All applications are due June 17, 2013. It is expected that 7 programs will be funded up to $200,000 per year for a three-year project period.
More on this funding opportunity can be found at: http://www.grants.gov/search/search.do;jsessionid=qSgKRVxNMv5yppTP1PTsDjnLP2421WpVSWS7VqqnLrtQ2SRPDBRp!222120898?oppId=234958&mode=VIEW
Webinars and Technical Assistance
1. Monday, June 3, 2013 the National Academy for State Health Policy will be hosting a webinar on increasing the safety net’s billing capacity. Discussion will center on concrete ways that states can facilitate safety net provider participation in Medicaid and qualified health plans in order to serve newly insured and the remaining uninsured population. For more information and to register visit: http://www.nashp.org/webinar/building-safety-net-billing-capacity-state-support-solid-foundation#sthash.dkWgVnHq.dpuf
2. On June 19th, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation will be holding a meeting looking at Building a Healthier America and how to support health in communities – specifically, during early childhood. The meeting will be held from 9:00am – 12:30pm at the Columbus Club in Washington, D.C. or interested participants can register to participate by webcast.
The agenda for the event can be found at:
RSVP for the webcast at:
The Affordable Care Act
1. On May 28th at 4:00pm EST the Asian and Pacific Islander American Health Forum and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare will be co-hosting a webinar The Health Care Law and You in Chinese (Mandarian). This webinar will focus on how the Affordable Care Act will increase health care access and reduce health disparities.
To register visit:
2. On May 29th at 4:00pm EST the Asian and Pacific Islander American Health Forum and the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare will be co-hosting a webinar The Health Care Law and You in Korean. This webinar will focus on how the Affordable Care Act will increase health care access and reduce health disparities.
To register visit:
3. Applications for the Navigator program are due June 7th. A total of $54 million has been made available through this funding opportunity. For more information visit: