- The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy is pleased to announce the release of the fiscal year 2014 Rural Health Network Development Planning Grant Program. The purpose of this program is to assist in the development of an integrated healthcare network. Applications must be submitted into grants.gov by January 16, 2014.
To access the application visit: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html and type in HRSA-14-043 in the funding opportunity box.
- Due to the government shutdown, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy has made changes to the Rural Health Network Development funding opportunity, pushing back the due date for all applications to December 6, 2013. For more information on this funding announcement please visit http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=243713
Webinars and Technical Assistance
- Are you a Rural Health Clinic? Are you interested in what your role can be in the prevention, testing and treatment of HIV/AIDS? Please join the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy and the National Association of Rural Health Clinics for a webinar on HIV prevalence in rural areas and clinical resources available to Rural Health Clinics. Thursday, December 12th at 3:00pm EST
Call in number: 888-469-0986
Access code: 2255226
The Affordable Care Act
- The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy will be holding weekly office hours on Wednesday, December 4th from 3-4pm EST focused on becoming involved in outreach, education and enrollment.Call-in Number: (800) 857-3749
Adobe Connect Session: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/orh1/These weekly office hours are open to all rural health stakeholders. If you have any question before or after the call please email ORHP-ACAQuestions@hrsa.gov or visit http://www.hrsa.gov/ruralhealth/affordablecareact/affordablecareact.html
Other Useful Information and Resources
- CMS is requesting nominations for positions on the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment. Nominations are open until December 31st for the five positions. This panel advises CMS on payment changes for the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS). It also recommends levels of supervision for various outpatient therapeutic services. Panel members must have at least 5 years of relevant experience and be employed full time by an organization paid under OPPS. This is an opportunity for rural stakeholders to nominate qualified applicants with expertise on payment issues. Additional information about the panel and instructions for submitting nominations are available at: http://federalregister.gov/a/2013-26258