June 17, 2015
Dates for Missouri Primary Care Association’s 2015 Annual Clinical & Quality Conference have been set for October 22-24, 2015! Registration and lodging information will be provided in the near future. We hope to see you in October!
June 17, 2015
Second Victim Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Thursday, September 24, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Cost: $399 per person and $350 for additional attendees from the same facility
Max attendance is 40 people.
June 10, 2015
Rural Health Works is presenting a regional workshop on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, in State College, PA. The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is hosting the workshop.
View the RHW Workshop Flyer
TWO NEW ECONOMIC IMPACT TEMPLATES will be featured in the workshop:
- Models to Estimate the Economic Impact of a Rural Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- An Overview of Nursing Homes and the Economic of Rural Nursing Homes
“WHY ECONOMIC IMPACT?” “HOW CAN ECONOMIC IMPACT BENEFIT RURAL HEALTH?”
- Illustrates how the hospital/health services are an economic engine/driver to a local economy.
- Illustrates how the hospital/other health services contribute to local sales tax.
- Can illustrate construction investment of a local hospital or other health organization, through additional jobs and labor income.
- Hospital is the cornerstone of all local health services.
- Loss of a hospital causes local economy to severely decline; over time, may lose the other health care providers (i.e., physicians, pharmacies, etc.).
- Rural hospital is one of the largest employers, typically one of the top two employers.
- Hospital and other health services support recruitment and retention of local businesses/industries and retirees.
May 27, 2015
Attached is the May 2015 Newsletter from the National Center for Rural Health Works! We hope you enjoy it and here are the highlights from the newsletter:
- 2014-2015 Current Year Work Projects’ UPDATES
- The Economic Impact of a Hospital Closure on a Rural Community
- The Economic Impact of Rural PPS Hospital
- 2014-2015 Current Year Outreach Activities
- EMS Budget Generator presented to NASEMSO
- Summary Document: “Economic Impact of Rural Health Care,” Updated October 2014
- Other Activities (Not Funded through RHW Grant Funds)
- Impact of Medicaid Demonstration Project
Information on our next regional workshop is also attached. The workshop will be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, in State College, PA. The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is sponsoring the workshop. The workshop is presented in conjunction with the National Center for the Analysis of Healthcare Data (NCAHD).
Information will be presented on the following topics:
- Health impact
- Community health needs assessment (CHNA)
- Health budgeting.
- Mapping and spatial data analysis to further support the outcomes of Rural Health Works
- How to download healthcare workforce provider data FREE through NCAHD’s portal at: http://gis.ncahd.org/
The Workshop Flyer is attached with more detailed information and a registration form.
April 30, 2015
Connecting Community & Care 2015
Critical Access Hospital Conferences
presented by Eide Bailly
Kansas City, MO| Minneapolis, MN
Why You Should Attend:
- Engage with individuals who know the unique needs of rural health care and join the discussion on topics ranging from Telehealth to Leadership skills to Strategic Financial Planning and even Board Governance
- Hear award-winning, humorous and inspirational keynote speaker Renee Rongen deliver a message that will make you laugh and learn navigation tips for embracing the change in your personal and professional life
- Network with your peers to share insights and find solutions that work best in rural communities
- Protect your most valuable asset, your skills. Your skills are not only the key to value creation, but to innovation to improve the administration of care in your community
- Bring one trustee for free with each paid registration!
Check out the full lineup for this year’s conference or register at: www.eidebailly.com/cah2015.
April 29, 2015
Reminder of the St Louis Stroke Boot Camp coming soon. Please forward to anyone you think may be interested.
2015 Stroke Coordinator Boot Camp
Friday, May 29, 2015
Hilton Frontenac Hotel
1335 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
April 27, 2015
Missouri Rural Health Association is working to bring affordable ICD-10 Training to rural Missouri providers. We invite you and your staff to attend On-Line ICD-10. On-Line is the most cost effective way to get updated and ready for ICD-10. Our training has been designed to optimize time and money. Each 2-4 hour session is $50 but with the connection, you can fill the training room with attendees!
Who Should Attend?
All staff who document medical records and providers. Use as initial or brush up training. You do not need to be a MRHA member to sign up for classes. We ask that you share this information with other providers & clinics in order to share this training opportunity.
The Trainers: Medical Revenue Solution, LLC, staff members Cathy Jennings, LaDonna Johnson, and Amber Condren will be taking attendees through the material. All trainers are highly qualified and experienced in medical coding, the problems, and solutions.
How to Register: Complete Registration page for each SITE that will need a connection code. Only those with paid registration will receive the on-line pass code within 24 hours of the event. Each session is limited to 23 site connections.
See registration form attached for more details. Registration and payments must be received a minimum of 3 days prior to the selected training session(s)
March 16, 2015
ICD-10 Code… Are you Ready? Missouri Rural Health Association is working to bring affordable ICD-10 Training to rural Missouri providers.
View the online training sessions and course summary.
March 10, 2015
Annual Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinic Conference – Missouri
April 28-30, 2015
Hilton Branson Convention Center
- Hotel deadline for reservations March 25, 2015
- Don’t miss the opening session with Michelle Rathman CEO Impact! Communications, Inc. Our MN audience raved about her ‘Reestablishing Community Relevance’ presentation!
- Sessions will cover:
- Medicare reimbursement
- 340B drug pricing
- Physician compensation
- HIPAA risk management
- Strategic pricing
Registration discounts available for three or more attendees from any one organization. Contact Sylvia Weise at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
March 9, 2015
Changing the Future of Childhood Obesity: Aligning and Amplifying Statewide Efforts
April 21 – 22, 2015
Stoney Creek Inn, Columbia, MO
March 3, 2015
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services’ Bureau of Immunization Assessment and Assurance is pleased to present the 2015 immunization411 webinar series aimed at providing participants the latest immunization information. Webinars are set for the third Thursday of each month, through the remainder of the year during the lunch hour.
Thursday, December 18, 2014 – 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
The specific dates and topics for the webinars are on the attached flyer. Please visit health.mo.gov/immunizations and click the immunization411 link to register for the webinars.
March 3, 2015
YOU ARE INVITED TO OUR FIRST ANNUAL GET LINK’D EDUCATION AND TRAINING FORUM.
Download Conference Information
The First Annual Get Link’d Education and Training Forum will be held in Jefferson City, Missouri on April 28 – 29, 2015. This Education and Training Forum is co-sponsored by the Missouri Rural Health Association and the Missouri Public Transit Association in partnership with HealthTran. Conference registration includes a complimentary 2015 membership to the Missouri Rural Health Association.
February 23, 2015
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health – Region VII is hosting a collaborative event, Creating a Healthier Nation 2030, on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center. This half day event will showcase Public Health at Work and highlight organizations and agencies currently working to create a healthier nation. Please share with your networks.
When: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (registration begins at 8:30 AM)
Where: Kauffman Foundation Conference Center (4801 Rockhill Rd, KCMO)
Cost: Free and open to the public.
Registration is required. http://publichealthweekkc.eventbrite.com
If you have additional questions, please contact Corstella Henley at email@example.com.
View the attached flyer.