Below is a listing of resources that will be helpful when implementing an oral health component and topical fluoride varnish in your practice.
- The MO HealthNet Dental Provider Manual Section 13.32.B. outlines information for medical profession billing of Topical Fluoride Varnish.
- Smiles for Life: A National Oral Health Curriculum is designed to enhance the role of primary care clinicians in the promotion of oral health. Physicians wishing to provide fluoride varnish in their practices must complete Course 6: Caries Risk Assessment, Fluoride Varnish and Counseling.
- A Health Professional’s Guide to Pediatric Oral Health Management is a series of seven modules designed to assist health professionals in managing the oral health of infants and young children.“These modules provide health professionals with information to help them prevent oral diseases, which still afflict many U.S. children, especially children from families with low incomes, children in certain minority groups, and children with special health care needs. The modules assist health professionals in performing an oral screening to identify infants and children at increased risk for oral health problems, offering referrals to oral health professionals, and providing parents with anticipatory guidance.”
- The American Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors’ Fluoride Varnish Brief contains research-based evidence supporting the implementation of fluoride varnish in your practice.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Oral Health Initiative offers many resources for use in your practice. http://www.aap.org/commpeds/dochs/oralhealth/