MU Leadership Development Academy for Nurse Leaders and Nursing Home Administrators in Long Term Care – Starting in November of 2013
The fourth MU Leadership Development Academy for Nurse Leaders and Nursing Home Administrators in Long Term Care starts this fall. Long-term care can be challenging, but the Academy will help you better manage daily crises and get the most out of your employees, all while earning over 40 hours of CE credit. The Academy has been proven to increase leadership skills and improve confidence, which will help to create a working environment that encourages teamwork and quality improvement. Enroll with your RN colleague for the best group-learning and team-building experience. Do not miss out on this opportunity to challenge yourself, grow in your leadership and network with your peers!
- A certified program offered by the University of Missouri to strengthen the RN-NHA leadership connection for better outcomes in long-term care.
- A structured educational program with a proven curriculum to improve leadership behaviors offered over seven months using a combination of face-to-face sessions with two webinars. It features an innovative and evidence-based curriculum with a strong focus on application to practice and peer consultation.
- Target audience: RNs (do not have to be a DON) and their colleague NHAs. Based on the quality improvement and change literature, and our own experience with the academy, we highly encourage the RN-NHA leadership team to enroll together. However, individual enrollments are accepted.
For more information, visit the website at http://nursingoutreach.missouri.edu/lda.aspx.
QAPI Super Users Groups
These are ongoing discussion groups for nursing home professionals interested in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI).
- December 3, 2013: Chillicothe QAPI Super Users Group
- December 4, 2013: Hannibal QAPI Super Users Group
- December 5, 2013: Kansas City QAPI Super Users Group
- December 17, 2013: St. Joseph QAPI Super Users Group
- December 18, 2013: Clinton QAPI Super Users Group
Visit http://primaris.org/news-events. The New QAPI Six-Part Webinar Series begins January 15, 2014 – view all upcoming events at http://primaris.org/calendar/categories/show-mequality.
24th Annual Gerontology Clinical Update
December 5 – 6, 2013: View the brochure here: Gerontology Clinical Update or visit http://nursingoutreach.missouri.edu/gerontology13.aspx.
MLN One-Day Workshops 2014
Missouri League for Nursing (MLN) Continuing Education Programs
MANHA’s 2014 Winterfest Conference and Trade Show – Save the Date
February 5 – 7, 2014: Blazing New Trails with MANHA
Visit the Missouri Association of Nursing Home Administrators (MANHA) at www.mlnha.org/conventions-1-day-seminars/.
RAI Process & Medicare from Start to Finish 2014 Workshops
February 19 – 20, July 8 – 9, October 7 – 8, 2014: RAI Process from Start to Finish
April 25, August 12, November 12, 2014: Medicare from Start to Finish
National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NNHQCC) Learning Session Webinars
Your participation in Show-Me Quality: QAPI in Action grants you an all-access pass to national learning events!
March 5, 2014: Content Based on Feedback from YOU
Stay up-to-date on the latest collaborative QAPI news and events – visit Primaris at http://primaris.org/
MLN’s 61st Annual Convention – Save the Date
April 10 - 12, 2014: Spicing Up Health Care
The 61st Annual Missouri League for Nursing (MLN) Convention will be held at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown.
April 9 - 10, 2014: Nursing Home Administrator Pre-Conference
The Exhibitor Prospectus is now available online. More information coming soon – visit www.mlnmonursing.org/Convention%20NHA%20Pre-Con.