NEW QIPMO Video
The Quality Improvement Program for Missouri (QIPMO) is a cooperative project between the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and the MU Sinclair School of Nursing. Wonder what QIPMO is all about? For a quick and informative video click here or view on YouTube at http://youtu.be/qnh-YZ1uUj0.
MDS Coordinators Support Group Meetings
Support groups for Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinators meet monthly in each of Missouri’s seven regions. These meetings provide an opportunity to discuss issues relating to MDS, PPS, and the RAI Process. For more information, please visit the Quality Improvement Program for Missouri (QIPMO) at http://nursinghomehelp.org/supgr.html.
MDS Tips from the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation
Are you a new MDS Coordinator? Are you unsure where to begin? Print and save the helpful tips below from the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation:
Nursing Home Quality Initiatives – Questions and Answers
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes national campaign coordination group developed a set of common questions and answers for nursing homes, in order to clarify how some of the many initiatives relate to and are aligned with each other. The purpose is to help nursing homes better understand how to participate in and benefit from various initiatives.
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI)
- National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NNHQCC)
- National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
- Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Home’s Campaign
- Alignment of Quality Initiatives
- Must nursing homes use CMS QAPI tools and resources to be considered in compliance with the QAPI regulation?
- What is the National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NNHQCC)?
- What is a LAN?
- How does the mission of the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes align with non-pharmacological, person-centered care approaches?
- What does a nursing home have to do to become part of Advancing Excellence?
- How does QAPI overlap or align with topic specific initiatives such the NNHQCC, the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes, and Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes?
- If we participate in the NNHQCC or Advancing Excellence or the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes, are we implementing QAPI?
Find the answers to these questions and more – click on the link below
This document is also available for download by visiting http://www.nhqualitycampaign.org/.
Show-Me Quality – QAPI in Action
Stay up-to-date on the latest collaborative Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) news and events. Visit Primaris at http://primaris.org/services/quality-improvement-organization/show-me-quality-qapi-in-action.
To report suspected abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation of an elderly person or an adult with a disability call the toll-free Elder Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-392-0210. Please click on the links below for more information:
Volunteer to Advocate for Nursing Home Residents
The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program will train you to advocate for these residents, ensuring their rights are protected. To learn more about Missouri’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, please visit http://health.mo.gov/seniors/ombudsman/.