Empira researcher Sue Ann Guildermann coming to Missouri to share research findings that link long-term care residents’ falls with sleep interruptions and discuss interventions proven to reduce falls and improve residents’ quality of life.
Three half-day seminars will be held, times and locations are forthcoming:
- November 29, 2016 – Louis area
- November 30, 2016 – Lake Ozark
- December 1, 2016 – Kansas City area
CEUs will be available for long-term care administrators, social workers, and activity professionals.
Funding for this project provided by MOLANE, Missouri Health Care Association, MC5, and Health Systems, Inc.
QIPMO will be presenting two different webinars on changes to the RAI Manual that are being implemented October 1st, 2016. One webinar will cover the new MDS Section GG and Delirium and the other webinar is on General MDS Manual Updates. Both webinars will be presented on multiple days at different times. There is no cost for the webinars.
To sign up for these webinars:
- Section GG and Delirium, multiple dates and times from August 26, 2016 through September 9, 2016 visit enrollment webpage here .
- General MDS Manual Updates, multiple dates and times from September 12 through September 28, 2016 visit enrollment webpage here.
- Each resident has the right to be free from all types of abuse, including mental abuse. Mental abuse includes, but is not limited to, abuse that is facilitated or caused by nursing home staff taking or using photographs or recordings in any manner that would demean or humiliate a resident(s).
- This CMS memo discusses the facility and State responsibilities related to the protection of residents
The CMS memo is available at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Downloads/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-16-33.pdf.
- CMS is implementing a national policy that requires the use of federal enforcement remedies when one or more residents suffer significant harm.
- This new policy is effective for all surveys completed on or after September 1, 2016.
For more information you may visit https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Policy-and-Memos-to-States-and-Regions-Items/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-16-31.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLFilter=nh&DLSort=2&DLSortDir=descending.
Laura Smith is the new Section for Long-Term Regulation Region 6 Program Manager. Laura has been with the Section for over 16 years, and has held various positions as a Facility Advisory Nurse. She has served as the interim Region 6 Program Manager in the past and most recently has been the complaint supervisor. Laura may be reached at 573-751-2270 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This document summarizes the reporting requirements of certified and state only facilities and provides contact numbers and other important information. The Guidelines for Facility Self Reporting is attached.