April 30, 2014: Speaker: Charles A. Crecelius, MD, PhD, CMD
1. Discuss recent regulatory changes regarding antipsychotic prescribing.
2. Review recent national efforts to decrease antipsychotic use.
3. Compare the role of various team members in ensuring appropriate antipsychotic use.
4. Recognize the elements of an effective gradual dose reduction program.
To learn more about this webinar, please visit Primaris at http://primaris.org/calendar/reducing-antipsychotic-use-in-nursing-homes-a-team-approach, or view the flyer here: Reducing Antipsychotic Use April 30, 2014.
May 16, 2014: Professional Training
Location: Alzheimer’s Association, 2400 Bluff Creek Drive, Columbia, Mo.
To learn more, visit http://alz.org/greatermissouri/in_my_community_professionals.asp.
April 26, 2014: Location: 1614 S. Glenstone, Springfield, Mo.
To view all upcoming events, please visit the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Missouri Chapter, http://alz.org/greatermissouri/in_my_community_events.asp.
Developed in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, Chicken Soup for the Soul Living with Alzheimer’s & Other Dementias features 101 inspiring stories written by people living with or caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. An excerpt is available on the Alzheimer’s Association blog at http://blog.alz.org/where-the-truth-lies-an-excerpt-from-chicken-soup-for-the-soul-living-with-alzheimers-other-dementias/.
Hot Topics: Culture Change in Action – Spring Webinars from Pioneer Network
- May 29, 2014: Dementia Care Soup Recipe: The Stock
- June 26, 2014: Dementia Care Soup Recipe: The Ingredients
Visit Pioneer Network at http://www.pioneernetwork.net/Events/HotTopics/.