June 4, 2014
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Central Time
To Register: Visit MLN Connects™ Upcoming Calls. Space may be limited, register early.
HHS expects to release an interim final rule in the near future that will include a new compliance date that would require the use of ICD-10 beginning October 1, 2015. Providers would have an extra year to prepare. During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, join us for a keynote presentation on more ICD-10 coding basics by Sue Bowman from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), along with updates from CMS. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
- CMS updates, including the partial code freeze and 2015 code updates
- Why ICD-9-CM is being replaced with ICD-10-CM
- Benefits of ICD-10-CM
- Similarities and differences from ICD-9-CM
- Coding: Process of assigning a diagnosis code, 7th character, placeholder “x,” excludes notes, unspecified codes, external cause of injury codes, type of encounter
- Documentation tips
- How to obtain answers to coding questions
- How to request modifications to ICD-10-CM
Target Audience: Medical coders, physicians, physician office staff, nurses and other non-physician practitioners, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers, laboratories, and all Medicare providers. Continuing education credit may be awarded for participation in certain MLN Connects Calls. Visit the Continuing Education Credit Information web page to learn more.
Keep up with the latest news regarding ICD-10, visit http://cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/Latest_News.html.