Do you see a TIGER in your percentages when you expect a KITTEN? Are unexpected names on your Quality Measure (QM) Report for antipsychotic drug usage? Even the “appropriate” diagnosis of Schizophrenia will trigger the measure if not correctly reported. Schizophrenia, Tourette’s, and Huntington’s are the three accepted diagnoses for the use of an antipsychotic. Report these on the pre-printed section of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) Resident Assessment by checking I6000 for Schizophrenia, I5350 for Tourette’s Syndrome, and/or I5250 for Huntington’s Disease. In I8000 Additional active diagnoses, you may manually input “Schizophrenia with a tail.” One example is “Schizophrenia with Psychosis.” Please view CAT Tip #7 here: CAT_Tip_7. View more tips at http://primaris.org/tool. The Missouri Local Area Network for Excellence (MOLANE) is the state coalition for Advancing Excellence.
Welcome to the LTC Information Update!
Providing information and guidance for Long-Term Living Providers - Skilled Nursing, Intermediate Care, Assisted Living and Residential Care Homes. You may contact the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation (SLCR) at 573-526-8524.
Search By Topic:
- MLN’s Oktoberfest, Nursing Home Administrator Conference
- Staffing Turnover: Tackle it before it Tackles you in Five-Star
- MLN Geriatric Emergencies Workshop
- ACO’s and Bundles: Making Your Facility a Preferred Provider
- CMS S&C Memo 16-40-NH/HHA/CLIA: Notice of Interim Final Rule (IFR) Agjusting Civil Monetary Penalties (CMPs)
- CMS S&C Memo 16-37-ALL: Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Clearance
- New QIPMO Newsletter – July 2016
- Commonly Asked Questions on the MDS, M-Section
- MALA ALF Resident Assessment Trainings
- Busy Doing Nothing? How to Foster Purpose and Meaning for Seniors in LTC
- MALA Level I Medication Aide / Insulin Administration Train the Trainer Workshop
- Where Did the Stars Go? An Overview of the Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Missouri Assisted Living Association Fall Conference
- Consumer Voice – Webinar series
- Empira researcher Sue Ann Guildermann coming to Missouri