Do you see a TIGER in your percentages when you expect a KITTEN? Are unexpected names on your Quality Measure (QM) Report for antipsychotic drug usage? Even the “appropriate” diagnosis of Schizophrenia will trigger the measure if not correctly reported. Schizophrenia, Tourette’s, and Huntington’s are the three accepted diagnoses for the use of an antipsychotic. Report these on the pre-printed section of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) Resident Assessment by checking I6000 for Schizophrenia, I5350 for Tourette’s Syndrome, and/or I5250 for Huntington’s Disease. In I8000 Additional active diagnoses, you may manually input “Schizophrenia with a tail.” One example is “Schizophrenia with Psychosis.” Please view CAT Tip #7 here: CAT_Tip_7. View more tips at http://primaris.org/tool. The Missouri Local Area Network for Excellence (MOLANE) is the state coalition for Advancing Excellence.
Welcome to the LTC Information Update!
Providing information and guidance for Long-Term Living Providers - Skilled Nursing, Intermediate Care, Assisted Living and Residential Care Homes. You may contact the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation (SLCR) at 573-526-8524.
Search By Topic:
- MHCA Mid-Year Conference
- MHCA Webinar
- New Generations Newsletters
- TMF QIN Event
- 2015 and 2016 Hot Topics Webinars available as a bundle!
- Most Frequently Cited Deficiencies Report – 4rd Quarter 2015
- On the Road…to Culture Change: NHC Healthcare, Maryland Heights
- 63rd MLN Annual Convention
- Hot Topics: Culture Change in Action
- Resident-to-Resident Mistreatment Webinar
- LeadingAge Webinar Opportunities
- Nursing Home Quality Improvement Spotlight on….
- MDS Training
- ICD-10 CM Refresher
- Pressure Ulcer Webinar
- Action Pact
- Advancing Excellence
- Artifacts of Culture Change
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- LeadingAge Missouri
- Missouri Assisted Living Association
- Missouri Association of Nursing Home Administrators
- Missouri Coalition Celebrating Care Continuum Change (MC5)
- Missouri Health Care Association
- Missouri Hospital Association
- Missouri League for Nursing
- National Fire Protection Association
- Nursing Home Compare
- Pioneer Network
- SLCR – Applications and Forms
- SLCR – Newsletters and Provider Information
- SLCR – Regulations
- STOP ELDER ABUSE