Advancing Excellence, in partnership with the National LTC Ombudsman Resource Center, Administration for Community Living/Administration on Aging, and the Centers for Disease Control, held a webinar for long-term care ombudsmen on infection prevention. The February 25, 2014 webinar centered on infection prevention in nursing homes. Topics include: understanding how infections can be spread and how the Ombudsman can be a part of the solution (hand washing, etc.), addressing issues with residents who are in isolation due to an infection, and encouraging the nursing home to use this tool if infections are an issue. Handouts from the webinar are also available. Visit the National Long-Term Care Ombudsman Resource Center at http://ltcombudsman.org/node/1262.
Welcome to the LTC Information Update!
Providing information and guidance for Long-Term Living Providers - Skilled Nursing, Intermediate Care, Assisted Living and Residential Care Homes. You may contact the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation (SLCR) at 573-526-8524.
Search By Topic:
- Staffing Turnover: Tackle it before it Tackles you in Five-Star
- MLN Geriatric Emergencies Workshop
- ACO’s and Bundles: Making Your Facility a Preferred Provider
- CMS S&C Memo 16-40-NH/HHA/CLIA: Notice of Interim Final Rule (IFR) Agjusting Civil Monetary Penalties (CMPs)
- CMS S&C Memo 16-37-ALL: Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Clearance
- New QIPMO Newsletter – July 2016
- Commonly Asked Questions on the MDS, M-Section
- MALA ALF Resident Assessment Trainings
- Busy Doing Nothing? How to Foster Purpose and Meaning for Seniors in LTC
- MALA Level I Medication Aide / Insulin Administration Train the Trainer Workshop
- Where Did the Stars Go? An Overview of the Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Missouri Assisted Living Association Fall Conference
- Consumer Voice – Webinar series
- Empira researcher Sue Ann Guildermann coming to Missouri
- RAI Manual Changes