The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) has released the educational video, The Parkinson Journey: From Diagnosis to Treatment to Cure.
Bonus feature – Caring for a Nursing Home Resident with Parkinson’s Disease
This 35-minute feature provides information to help understand the disease and provides communication and movement techniques when caring for a person who has Parkinson’s disease. This video is available for viewing on the Department of Health and Senior Services website at http://health.mo.gov/seniors/ombudsman/index.php. To advance to the bonus feature, select Parkinson’s Journey Part 3, or view here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4T0CTCWnvU&list=PLh5mk8BxSPgjkhqcKxCv5gWjH6zV8I5Qt.
- Introduction with Joe Buck
- Chapter 1 – What is Parkinson’s Disease
- Chapter 2 – What Causes Parkinson’s Disease
- Chapter 3 – Changes in Mood and Thinking
- Chapter 4 – Treatment Options
- Chapter 5 – Managing Symptoms
- Chapter 6 – Living with Parkinson’s Disease-Personal Journeys
- Chapter 7 – Finding Out More (resources)
- Bonus Feature 1 – Parkinsonisms – “Look Alikes” (Dr. Joel Perlmutter)
- Bonus Feature 2 – Helping with Falls (Dr. Beth Crowner)
- Bonus Feature 3 – LSVT Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (Dr. Cynthia Fox)
- Bonus Feature 4 – Caring for a Nursing Home Resident with Parkinson’s Disease
For more information, please visit the Greater St. Louis APDA at www.stlapda.org.
April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month