Mary M. Hoskins, Interim Chief
The Office of Human Resources provides human resource management services and support for the Department of Health and Senior Services. This office:
- assures the department’s compliance with the state personnel law (merit system), and serves as a liaison with the state Office of Administration’s Division of Personnel.
- establishes and maintains the department’s position classification system.
- administers personnel functions of employment, promotion, compensation (including payroll preparation), performance appraisal, discipline, termination, personnel records maintenance, and related personnel activities, and provides assistance to managers and supervisors in those areas.
- assures department compliance with federal and state laws relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and provision of services.
- investigates and monitors complaints and grievances.
- coordinates and conducts professional development opportunities for DHSS staff to include new employee orientation and mandatory training for supervisors and managers.
- coordinates employee award and recognition programs.
- works with management on organizational change/development issues.
- coordinates distance-learning programs and development of online training courses.
- provides mediation services for employer/employee situations.
- coordinates issues relating to unions.
- revises and develops DHSS’ administrative policies.